This may sound weird to some of you, but part of me is disappointed that we may not see very much of this Tropical Storm Fay. Don't get me wrong, I know how devastating a hurricane or tropical storm can be, but I always secretly hope for a mild tropical storm anyway. It's not just the much needed rain that we would get from it, but the excitement and change from the mundane that I must crave on some level. Yesterday, the kids and I were hurriedly doing laundry, to catch up, and baking. Planning for the storm with the kids' input was pretty fun. And now that it might not be coming our way necessarily, is a bit of a let down I suppose. We're not out of the woods yet, so maybe we will get a little something out of it after all, but it looks like we may just miss the rains it is supposed to bring to some lucky counties. And yes, we pray that people will be safe, and that their property will weather the storm unharmed. But part of me still hopes we will see just a little of it in our neighborhood!

Here is a picture I snapped this morning after a 20 second rain shower. When I saw it out my front window, it was a full rainbow! I ran to get the camera, but when I came outside with it, half the rainbow was missing already.
Okay, I lied. Blogger will not allow me to upload any pictures! I hope it is a quirky thing that is solved soon, and not a problem with my internet protection software (which I've had for a while now without this problem). Otherwise, I am stuck up a creek without a paddle. Any ideas??? I've never had this problem before.
UPDATE--Obviously, I've figured out by now how to post pictures using a different web browser.
1 comment:
I'm right there with you. I hate to admit it but I would much rather seem some action. Not too much but more than we are getting.
Post a Comment