Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lots of Stuff Going on This Week

We're finally getting the boys' bedroom finished, which means that we will get them out of the school room and B's room very soon. I can't wait to get this place whipped into shape a little better. But it's been a crazy week with finishing the framing out of the closets, and getting drywall put up, mudded, and textured. The drywall installers were done 2 days later than scheduled, so we missed park day with the homeschool group. Today we started painting. The walls are all done. It's just the doors and trim that need painted now. After that, C can start working on the cedar wood slat ceiling. It will match the ceiling that is in the main area of the house. Then, carpet and the boys can move in!

Hubby also started another major project his weekend. I have to tell you, we have a friend who does a lot of work remodeling and doing custom carpentry work in restaurants. He sometimes gets stuff the restaurants get rid of when they remodel, but it's perfectly good, even fabulous material. He is outfitting us with almost everything we need for a complete bar on our back porch. We are by no means drinkers of booze, so it's not that kind of bar. But it will be a nice spot for entertaining guests, a place to eat when we're outside, etc. Here is a picture of the bar in it's unfinished state. (The gentleman in the picture is not my hubby, but our friend G that is outfitting us with the materials for the project. He's helping C construct it all since that's what he does for a living. He does excellent work.)
While all this construction was going on, C said he had something for me to look at in the bed of his truck. He also said that when I got done looking, he needed me to make some phone calls for him. Here is what I found in his truck. A neighbor of ours found these 2 coyotes on the road. They were freshly killed by a car. I had to call around and find a taxidermist who could mount them for C. He and our business partner want mounts for our Georgia cabin. (It's another business venture of ours as it will be available for vacation rentals in a few months when it's ready. I told you my hubby has his hands in several major projects all at the same time. I sometimes get dizzy just trying to keep everything straight!) So, I drove the coyotes over to the taxidermist's and he will start on them in a few weeks. We may also have him preserve the rattlesnake (see old post) for us as that would be another mount for the cabin. It looks like he does good work. He had quite a few specimens in his showroom including a bobcat, rattlesnake, otter, fox and also a coyote.

Today, after working all day on our projects, C took us to our friend G's lake for a ride on our airboat. Only trouble is, we haven't had it out for quite a while and the gas was old so it wasn't running well. The kids and I didn't get to ride at all, but we'll try again later when the gas has been flushed out and replaced with fresh. In this picture, hubby C is driving while G is trying to figure out what is wrong with the engine. Notice how the boat is plowing water. It wouldn't get up on plane. While we waited to see if we would get to ride, though, the kids entertained themselves in various ways. I entertained myself taking pictures of my kids.

3 comments:

Leisa said...

"drinkers of booze?" you crack me up Lisa...After my day with the kids I think I am going to have to go find a bar and become a drinker of booze..too bad your bar's not done yet, =)

Randi Sue said...

I can tell you are the mom of 2 boys. I called the kids over to see the pictures. At the end I said, "Levi, Hunter and Chase have an airboat!" I hope you get to ride it soon.

Steph C. said...

Now that's some country livin'!
Bar on the backporch and dead coyotes in the truck! Yeehaw!!