This afternoon, we took a drive to visit my husband's parents at their home. It was a nice visit, and too soon we were on our way home. We had no sooner gotten on the freeway when somebody veered into our lane and sideswiped us on the road! C pulled the truck to the side of the road, and both vehicle's drivers got out to inspect the damage. I admit, I was a little nervous to see the other car was an "ex-cop car" with a spot-light mounted above the driver's-side side view mirror. It was dark outside, and for some reason I had visions of road rage or something. I calmly told the kids to offer up their prayers for safety, and sweet little B said her prayer out loud while I said mine silently. There is nothing that warms my heart like a little child's sweet prayer to Jesus. As it turns out, there was no damage to our truck, but there were plenty of black tire scuffs down the side of the other guy's car. My husband always says he feels safer with us in the truck. In this instance, it was definitely so. Thank you, Jesus.
Then, after we were back on the road, we witnessed a car weaving all over the road. I really hate to see drunk drivers on the streets. And it was only 8:30 p.m. Just another instance of why it's good practice to pray for protection on the roads.
And speaking of prayer, I am happy to know that my oldest son has his very first prayer partner. He's another boy his same age, and they have issues that are very common to them both. H is taking this promise to pray for his friend seriously. It warms my heart. I have noticed H taking more of an interest in heavenly matters lately, and I am so thankful for that. I am so blessed.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whew! PTL you all are alright. Wonderful about the prayer partner...prayer is powerful and important!
Glad you are home safe!
Post a Comment